How to make or edit a mailfilter rule:
1. Click on the tab Preferences
2. Open the tab E-mailfilters and choose for New filter
3. The dialoguebox Add filter is presented.
4. In Filtername give in the name for the rule.
5. In the part When the following conditions are met select a grouppreference.
* Arbitrary conditions means that the action will be applied if one of the
conditions is met.
* All conditions means that all the conditions in the filter have to be met
before the filteraction will be applied
Next steps can be repeated to set up multiple conditions and actions inside a
* Select the condition you wish to use in the first list.
Fields of comparison include the following:
Use this option to give up a name in the header From: from some email address
The same as From:. but looks in the header From:.
Same as From:. but looks in the header Cc:.
Looks in the subject header of a message
#Header text with name
When this option is selected, an extra text input field is presented for the comparison
With this option you can give up all email-headers. Besides the standard fields To:.
or From:., you can give up Datum, Reply and other adapted fields included in the
You can use this option to filter out email-messages with wrongly divided headers.
This implies they don’t contain certain information which is normally seen
as standard for email messages.
Sometimes spam, when it is automatically generated,lacks information like the
fields “Sender” or “reply”.
Use the 2nd textfield (the one directly on the right next to
the comparisonoperator) to display the headertext whereupon testing is needed.
#Size.Use this option for emailmessages bigger or smaller than the
mentiond size. The size of email includes also all file attachements.
You can use this option to thwrow away email messages which are too big.
Use this option to give up email messages sent before or after a certain date.
The options for message content are “contains/doesn’t contain”. Using this you can
give up matching words in the email message content. You can’t filter words in file
You can filter email messages with or without file attachements
Test whether there is an address present in your contacts. Using the following
field you can give up which address.
* Choose a method of comparison. The options depend on your choice in the
previous list. For example: “is” or “isn’t” can be displayed.
Operators of comparison contain the following:
* corresponds exactly/Doesn’t correspond exactly
Gives an exact correspondence. For example when you give up Subject only corresponds
to banana, it will only correspond to banana, not to bananas or bananaleaves.
Instructs that the subjectrule must contain the mentioned substring.
For example, when you say Subject contains banana, this would correspond
to “i could eat a banana”
*Corresponds to wildcard/Doesn’t correspond to wildcard
The wildcard (joker) * is a symbol used in the comparisonfield of the
emailfilter to represent one or more signs. When, for example, you say the subject
corresponds to “banana”, this would be the case with “bananatree” “bananaleave”
but not with “this banana”
* Give in a word or sentence which is being used to compare in the textfield
Click “+” to add more conditions. You can proceed and add more conditions, or
go on to the following to add more actions
6. In the part perform the following actions choose an action in the choicelist.
Save in inbox
Saves email in inbox. When no filterrules apply to an emailmessage, this
action takes place automatically.
File to map
Verplaatst de email naar de opgegeven map
Deletes the emailmessage without delivering it. The message isn’t placed in
one of your maps, not even in the trash bin.
Forwards email to given address.
Select as read or flagged
You can lable the concerned messages with a selected lable
Don’t process extra filters
With this enabled, no extra filters are checked.
* Give in a folder or lablename, when necessary. What you give up depends on
action you choose.
Click “+” to add more actions. You can proceed adding more actions or click ok
7. Enable the field “Active” to enable the filterrule.
The filter will be applied automatically on all incoming emailmessages
as soon as they arrive.