Load balancing distributes the load of data traffic to your website across two or more servers. The best load balancing solution depends on your particular situation.
Does your website attract relatively little traffic, you can forward it to a single server without worries. With a lot of traffic, you benefit from handling the dataflow in an intelligent way.
Ask yourself the following questions if you want to use load balancing:
- How can you keep data synchronous between different servers?
- How do you determine which request goes to which server?
- How do you avoid the load balancer from becoming a “Single Point of Failure” (SPOF)?
- When a user logs in on one server, but the load balancer decides to send him to a different server, does he remain logged on?
- How do you notice when a server becomes unreachable, so that it can be removed from the pool of available servers?
Nucleus likes to help you answer these questions.
The best solution depends on a number of different factors:
- the application you use
- the available hardware
- the underlying set-up of your servers
- the pattern of your visitors
There are feasible options, both in terms of hardware as well as in terms of software. Together with you, we’ll discuss your specific requirements, and work out a solution that will suit your challenge.
- High-quality solutions
- Valuable, tailor-made advice
- Fierce and transparent guarantees
- ISO 27001 certified data security
- Years of experience in the field of hosting
- All of our servers are hosted in Belgium
- An independent, financially healthy and growing company
- Transparent, honest and proactive communication